“If you want to give your pet a seasonal treat, stick with a small amount of plain roasted turkey without any skin or fat!”
Many of the plants that we commonly have in the home at Christmas are very toxic to pets – holly berries, mistletoe and yew are the most frequent culprits.
Ensure that if you have any of these plants they are well out of your pet’s reach.
Lilies are particularly poisonous to cats – even a small amount of ingested pollen can cause fatal kidney failure. If you have a cat, please don’t keep lilies in the house
The Christmas tree itself has its own set of potential dangers:
Batteries can be fatal if ingested. If you have children, check that no batteries from the inevitable Christmas electronic games are left lying around!
Most Christmas dangers are easy to avoid so play safe and have fun! Please call us on 020 7221 3093 if you have any specific questions.
At Kensington Veterinary Care, we understand that the care and health of your pets is any owner’s top priority. That is why we offer a comprehensive first opinion veterinary service for your furry friends, so you can be assured that no matter the problem, we can help you get to the bottom of it.
At Kensington Veterinary Care we know how special your pets are to you. That’s why we strive to provide the highest quality veterinary care around.