Monday - Friday 8.30am-6.00pm Saturday 9.00-12.00

Monday - Friday 8.30am-6.00pm Saturday 9.00-12.00

Pet Travel Abroad

Planning to travel abroad with your pet? Do you know all the correct documentation that you may need? 

Kensington Veterinary Care are experts in pet travel services and can advise you on all the relevant documentation you need, depending on where you are going. From Animal Health Certificates, Export Health Certificates, to the PETS Scheme, you can jet off with your cat or dog without worry. 


Kensington Vet Care Pet Travel

Video Guide to Pet Travel Requirements from The UK

Kensington Vet Care have been assisting international clients with pet travel arrangements for decades, and will simplify the process for you. Our lead veterinarian, Dr Johnny Irish explains the process in this video.

Pets Travel Scheme

It is often assumed that when you’re travelling with a pet, they need to go through a quarantine period. However, with the PETS travel scheme, you can travel with ease and start exploring your new destination with your animal companion as soon as you land!

Export Health Certificates

Travelling to a country outside of the EU with your pet? Then you are likely to need an Export Health Certificate (EHC).

Animal Health Certificates

Pet owners need an Animal Health Certificate for their cat or dog to travel from England, Scotland or Wales to an EU country, Switzerland or Northern Ireland. It is a single-entry bilingual document, which allows you to travel within the EU for 4 months, with return to the UK within the same period.

EU pet travel

Since the end of the Brexit transition period on the 31st of December 2020, UK-issued Pet Travel Scheme passports are no longer valid for entry into the EU. However, pet travel to and within EU countries is still possible. 

Firstly, your pet needs to be microchipped in order to enter into the EU. They also need to have a rabies vaccine administered when they are at least 12 weeks old and at least 21 days before your date of travel. 

Once you have both of these, you will then need to get an Animal Health Certificate which can only be issued within 10 days of your travel date. 

Travelling to a non-EU country

If you are travelling abroad with your pet to a country outside of the EU, you will need to get a different type of travel certificate for your beloved pet. 

For most countries this is called an Export Health Certificate, which our veterinary surgeons who are qualified as Official Veterinarians can issue. You will first need to apply for the EHC via the government website and then we examine your pet and issue the EHC within a few days of travel. In addition to this, you will also need to check the rules of the specific country you are travelling to for any additional requirements or restrictions.  

If you are going abroad soon and would like tips on travelling with your animal companions, or if you need our pet travel services such as extra vaccinations, get in touch or book an appointment online now.


A kitten running through a field of grass

Our veterinary services in Kensington

The care and health of your pets is Kensington Vet Care’s top priority. That is why we offer a comprehensive first opinion veterinary service for your furry friends, so you can be assured that no matter the problem, we can help you get to the bottom of it.

Two dogs running together

About Kensington Vet Care

Kensington Veterinary Care know how special your pets are to you. That’s why we strive to provide only the highest quality veterinary care. Find out more about our team's expertise.

020 7221 3093

Mon-Fri 8.30am-6.00pm
Saturday 9.00-12.00